Your home is one of the most valuable investments you will make in a lifetime. Although the termite proofing may not be as exciting as choosing the design of your new kitchen or the tiles for your bathroom it is far more important as the damage from termite attack is not covered by insurance.
The Australian Standard AS3660 Series highly recommends regular termite inspections not more than 12 month intervals and more frequent in high termite pressure areas.
The Warranty Inspection is a thorough visual inspection of the property and surrounds. The purpose of the inspection is to inform you, the home owner of:
- Bridging or breaching of the installed termite barrier system
- Past or present timber pest activity or damage
- Conducive conditions
These inspections focus on termites only and the efficiency of the installed barrier system.
Areas typically inspected are:
- The termite barrier inspection zone
- The Home’s exterior
- The Home’s Sub floor area, Roof void area and Interior
- Out buildings such as free standing garages, car ports and sheds
- Plus Trees, stumps, landscaping and grounds.
The Home Owner is supplied with a report that is written in compliance with AS4349 series and AS3660 series with photographic evidence supporting any defects.